My First Wedding

Well, not *my* wedding. I’m talking about the first wedding that I officiated as a pastor. It was exactly one week ago. I was pretty nervous, but God knew what I could handle and gave me a pretty low key wedding to officiate. I’m thankful that I stepped out of my comfort zone and did it. I’m also thankful for those pastors who gave great advice and for everyone who prayed for me.

Last Saturday, I was giving up to the minute updates via Twitter. I thought it would be interesting to post those updates here. If you follow me on Twitter, you’ve seen these updates already. If not, here they are. In true Twitter fashion, start from the bottom of the post and work your way back up.

If you’d like to start following me on Twitter, just click here.

From last week…

@jeffwilson license?? what license?? jk yep its signed 06:06 PM April 19, 2008

it’s done. praise God. it went well and their married 05:54 PM April 19, 2008 from web

signing off guys. next update when it’s done. thanks for the encouragement and prayers 05:16 PM April 19, 2008

no food in teeth-check, fly zipped up-check, we’re good. t minus 15 minutes 05:11 PM April 19, 2008

so glad bride and groom are tall. no one will see me. t minus 30 minutes. think we’ll start on time? 04:57 PM April 19, 2008

@jturmel i was thinking about sending updates (during the wedding)… 04:46 PM April 19, 2008

@terrystorch @jeffwilson thanks guys. God’s in control…it will be good 04:37 PM April 19, 2008

pictures being taken. t minus 60 minutes until the big event. i’m more nervous than the bride and groom

put on newly altered suit. wife says i look good. i agreed with her. t minus 90 minutes 03:48 PM April 19, 2008

getting cleaned up for the wedding. cuz everyone looks at the minister at a wedding. T minus 3 hours 02:38 PM April 19, 2008

got great advice from @terrystorch on how to officate my first wedding. Thanks man!!! T minus 8 hours and counting…. 09:52 AM April 19, 2008

still working on my marriage talk 11:31 PM April 18, 2008

survived the wedding rehearsal 05:34 PM April 18, 2008

@terrystorch got a few minutes to go over my wedding talk with me tomorrow? 04:34 PM April 18, 2008

the greens country club is pretty nice 04:30 PM April 18, 2008

headed to the wedding rehearsal 04:02 PM April 18, 2008

spending my day off working on the wedding talk i’m doing tomorrow. appreciate your prayers. 08:25 AM April 18, 2008

Advertisements